3 cups Quinoa – Cooked
1 cup Persimmon – thinly sliced
½ cup Roasted Leeks
½ cup Dried Cranberries
¼ cup Pomegranate seeds
2 cups Kale – Cut
1 cup Butternut Squash – Small cubes and roasted
1 cup Balsamic
½ cup Pomegranate Juice
½ cup Orange Juice
¼ cup Lime Juice
¼ cup Seasonal Rice Vinegar
¼ tsp. Garlic – chopped
1½ cups Olive Oil
Zest from 1 Lime
Zest from 1 Orange
- Slice persimmon into small thin strips.
- Cut and clean leeks, slicing into rings.
- Dry and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a sheet pan and roast at 325-degree in the oven until golden brown.
- For pomegranate seeds – cut pomegranate in half and holding over a bowl, tap outside part with a spoon and the seeds will drop into the bowl.
- For kale, use about one bunch. Strip the leaves off the stem and cut relatively small.
- In a bowl, massage the kale and toss with a touch of lemon juice and let sit. This will reduce the coarseness of the kale.
- For butternut squash, peel and slice in half and remove the seeds.
- Cut into the butternut squash into small cubes, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on sheet and roast in oven at 325 degrees until soft and brown around the edges.
- For Pomegranate Glaze, put ingredients in a small pan and place on low heat stirring to blend.
- Allow to simmer and let it thicken slightly.
- Turn off heat and mixture should be slightly thick and syrupy.